People love oranges and eat them very often and this is good because oranges are filled with benefits and no matter if you eat them raw or in juice form they are great. But after we peel the oranges we throw away the peel without knowing that it has a lot of great benefits and should not be thrown away.Let’s find out how useful you can give to the orange peels once you have consumed the fruit and do not worry about the bitter taste because in the end we will teach you how to prepare them so that they lose the bitterness and you can enjoy them to the maximum.
Reduces cholesterol:Orange in itself has numerous antioxidants that are extremely useful to fight free radicals, responsible for generating dangerous diseases; But precisely in the shells are the best benefits to reduce LDL cholesterol which is the one that accumulates plaques inside our arteries and damages the heart.
If you have heartburn or heartburn problems, nothing better than orange peel to feel good again. Consume this natural remedy for 20 days and you will notice significant relief from your heartburn.
As previously said, orange repels free radicals and orange peel also contains other chemicals that inhibit the growth of cancer cells.
Orange peel also has vitamins C, which stimulates the immune system and helps prevent respiratory diseases such as bronchitis, colds, asthma and influenza.
The dietary fiber found in orange peel helps patients suffering from irritable bowel, constipation and abdominal inflammation. An infusion of orange peel promotes digestion and relieves pain.
The aroma of the orange peel is intoxicating. This citric like all the others can perfectly serve like aromatizador of environments treading in each room a fresh and relaxing perfume that everyone likes. You can heat orange peels in a bowl and mix them at the same time with cinnamon, sandalwood, bay leaves and mint.
Whitening your teeth:
If you need to whiten your teeth and analyze the possibility of expensive and tedious bleaching first try the orange peel. Use the white interior of the orange peel to rub your teeth, which in addition to whitening them will help prevent tooth sensitivity.
Fertilizer for plants:
The orange peel is ideal as fertilizer because it has a lot of nitrogen that helps plants and flowers grow stronger and faster. All the nutrients in the orange peel are beneficial to your garden.
Bleaching the skin:
Vitamin C from orange peels is a natural skin bleach. Boil several orange peels, let cool and strain. Apply this infusion on the skin to cover imperfections and remove dark spots. This extract that orange peel also helps to tone the skin, close the pores and protect from harmful rays of the sun.
In the kitchen:
Also the orange peel can serve as decoration of dishes or to give a semi-bitter taste and at the same time citric to food.
The same infusion we previously prepared to cover the spots on the skin can serve to ward off insects. Place this liquid in a spray bottle and spray on window frames and doors and even floors to prevent pests from entering your home. Also the aroma of the burnt orange peel away insects.
Next, we’ll teach you how to prepare candied orange peels so you can make the most of this wonderful fruit.
– ½ kilo of orange peel
– ½ kilo of sugar
– ½ liter of water
– Firstly, it is important that you choose organic oranges because usually oranges are covered with pesticides that protect them from insects, but this pesticides are very dangerous to health so it is essential at the time of making this recipe use organic oranges and Free of toxics.
– Peel the oranges and remove some of the white skin from the inside but not completely.
– Cut the oranges into fine strips (in Juliana) and put them in hot water. When it breaks the boil, strain, drain and repeat the same operation 5 times more; That is, put back into water, when the boil breaks, and so on. This basically serves to get them the bitter taste.
– Once we have repeated the procedure that will have removed the bitter taste, place the half liter of water with the orange peels and half a kilo of sugar and boil for five minutes with the pot uncovered.
– Remove from the heat and let stand until the next day in the same container.
– The next day cook again until the oranges start to brown and are shiny. Once the syrup is thick, remove.
– You can distribute them in a grate and let dry in the oven very smooth, with the oven door open for 10 minutes.
– They are ready to be consumed!
– In the same way you can prepare peels of lemons, grapefruits, mandarins but always separately so that the flavors do not mix.